Pages

Thursday 10 August 2017

Wanaka

I am learning to write a piece of prose-  a sketch with detailed words, about a particular place, that is very important to me I know I have achieved this when I can describe this sketch of the place,in specific detail. To do this I need to:Use specific nouns and Activate the nouns with strong verbs


The smell of petrol burning tickles my nose as I reach for my towel.The murky mountain ranges with a road wrapped around  is hidden with masses of native trees. Numerous boats stretch along the waterfront -bunches of people relaxing alongside. Populous Kowhais spread along the beach as the occasional swing hangs down. Further along there is a substantial creek continuously gushing with pure water. 

3 comments:

  1. Hello Emma,

    I love how you described the petrol. And I love how you described the mountain, I can picture the setting really well in my head. What was the hardest part of writing this?

    Keep up the awesome work!

    Prudence,
    Yaldhurst Model School

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Prudence,
      The hardest part about writing this would have to be finding interesting verbs that go with what your writing. Thanks for the comment!

      From Emma
      Drummond

      Delete
  2. Hi Emma
    I really liked how you described everything,my favorite part was when you described the mountains.
    From Gabby O.I.S

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.