Pages

Tuesday 19 September 2017

Survival Island

On Monday Years 4-8 had a survival island day. For this we had to come up with 10 items to bring between our teams, like things you can cook or first aid equipment.  The next day we had to come up with points from doing different activities like finishing math on the board. We had to accumulate ten points to trade it in for equipment to help us survive on the island and create a teepee, a stretcher for an injured friend. We also had to make a fire and cook food on it, we cooked sausages, bacon, and and marshmallows. I learnt how to survive with a fire,food and teepee. I enjoyed cooking food on the fire. In my team there was Carey, Charlotte, Thomas,Caitlin and I.  

8 comments:

  1. Hi my name is Mia from Yaldhurst Model School and I like this post because it sounded really fun! where did you do this? Next time I think that you should put more color and more pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mia,
      Thanks for your feedback.We did Survival Island on our back field.

      Emma
      Drummond

      Delete
  2. Hi Emma,

    I really like your post. It sounds like you enjoyed doing this.
    This reminds me of when last year the Year 7/8's did surviving in the bush. Maybe next time you could change the colour of the font.
    Did you have a favourite part of the day?

    Laura,
    YMS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laura,
      Thanks for commenting on my blog.My favourite part of the day was when we made fires.

      Emma
      Drummond

      Delete
  3. Hey Emma,
    It sounds like a really interesting challenge. Why did you like cooking on the fire? If you could do it in the real world would you?
    From Hannah,
    Yaldhurst Model School

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Hannah,
      Thanks for your feedback. I liked cooking because it was fun cooking food on a fire, and yes I would.

      Emma
      Drummond

      Delete
  4. Hi Emma,

    You did a good blog post.
    I liked the photo of you cooking meat with the fire.
    Maybe next time you should add more photos.
    This reminds me about the William Pike Challenge Awards.
    Did you enjoy doing it ?

    Kind regards Ian.
    Canterbury
    Yaldhurst Model School.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lan,
      Thanks for commenting on my blog!
      Yes I did enjoy it.

      Emma
      Drummond

      Delete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.